Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: Shooting Kodak's Vision 200T

  1. #1
    kbrady
    Guest kbrady's Avatar

    Post

    I have a Canon 1014-E, which does not have an ASA "notch" for a 200 ASA cartridge. The closest it has are ASA 160 and 250 notches.

    My question is: How should I compensate exposure for the 1014-E notches?

    Thanks,
    Kirk Brady

    ------------------

  2. #2
    mattias
    Guest mattias's Avatar

    Post

    rating it at 160 gives you only a slight overexposure -- something a lot of people, myself included, want with negative stocks anyway.

    /matt

  3. #3
    MrObvious
    Guest MrObvious's Avatar

    Post

    I concur.

    ------------------

  4. #4
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    I have a related question about this:

    So, did Kodak even PUT a notch on these cartridges?

    If so, is it a 160 notch?
    That would have made sense, since like you said, it would everexpose it a bit, which would be good.

    If not (which I suspect), then one has to really figure all this out, given that all S8 cameras but the Beaulieus, divert some light to the viewfinder before going to the meter, making the internal meter incorrect.
    In other words, if you set the camera AT what your external meter says, you are actually going to underexpose your film by whatever that light-loss amount is, which is probably slightly different on every camera.
    Any answers?

    Matt Pacini

    ------------------

  5. #5
    Scottness
    Guest Scottness's Avatar

    Post

    Why not just forget the internal light meter and do it all with a hand held one - set everything manually? And Matt I'm not sure if you're right about that withthe Beaulieu's - I think I can check in a book though -- also jsut out of interst we used a hand held meter for In My Image - not anything to do woth the camera, jsut because we thought it'd be more versatile and accurate etc

    Scot


    ------------------

  6. #6
    rollemfilm
    Guest rollemfilm's Avatar

    Post

    so, is the 200T notched?

    ------------------

  7. #7
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Scottness:
    "Why not just forget the internal light meter and do it all with a hand held one - set everything manually? "

    Because f4 on your external meter, and f4 on your cameras meter will mean two different things as far as what actually gets on your film!
    I stopped using an external meter on Lost Tribes, because I was getting back badly underexposed footage!
    When I used the cameras internal meter, it was OK, so that's what I started using, even though it's not technically correct.

    So, to clarify, your camera's internal meter may read f4, and your external meter reads f4, but then AFTER your cameras meter, it diverts some light to the eyepiece, and then puts f2.8/f4 of light on the film, underexposing 1/2 stop from what you think it is. Get it?

    And as far as the 6080 meter, yeah, it's a little annoying.
    I did like my Nikon R10 an awful lot. The only things I didn't like, were it's noise, and also I don't like top heavy cameras, where the handle shoots out of the bottom like that. Tough to keep from shaking.

    Matt Pacini

    ------------------

  8. #8
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    So, I guess nobody knows if the 200T is notched then?

    ------------------

  9. #9
    crimsonson
    Guest crimsonson's Avatar

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Matt Pacini:


    If not (which I suspect), then one has to really figure all this out, given that all S8 cameras but the Beaulieus, divert some light to the viewfinder before going to the meter, making the internal meter incorrect.
    In other words, if you set the camera AT what your external meter says, you are actually going to underexpose your film by whatever that light-loss amount is, which is probably slightly different on every camera.
    Any answers?

    Matt Pacini

    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    I am pretty sure that the Canons and Nizos places the sensor just before the film plane. Check the 1014 E manual. I am pretty sure it mentions compensating for light lost.

    However,
    When I shoot I always compare my reading to my Gossen SBC. My Pro is off by -1f to 2/3f and the 6080 is off by 1/2f consistently
    Matt:

    What is your opinion of the Nizo 6080 meter control? I think it is annoying as hell being electronicly assisted. I am so use to the Canon 1014 E's and rotating control (ie in removable lenses). The Nizo Pro is better but not as responive as the manual feel of 1014 or lens type aperture.

    ------------------


    [This message has been edited by crimsonson (edited September 19, 2001).]

    [This message has been edited by crimsonson (edited September 19, 2001).]

  10. #10
    rollemfilm
    Guest rollemfilm's Avatar

    Post

    it must be top secret....

    ------------------

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •